Updated: Jan 24, 2019
Written by: Carli J.
As the new year approaches in the next few weeks, more questions arise. But not your regular, “I need a new job” or “I wonder what my next trip will be.” Instead, many of us are trying to get our wardrobes in order for these season less seasons. Hats, accessories, shoes, and dresses, everything you could imagine to get your wardrobe revamped.
Well don’t fret, I have 5 straight forward tips that will help you get your closet ready for the new year. Whether you are a full time student, employee or entrepreneur, we all wake up in the morning with that same question, “What am I going to wear?” Applying these 5 Tips to your new year's resolutions, will only leave space to focus on checking off the rest of your to do list for the day.
1. Don’t get rid of those summer looks just yet!
As we transition to season less times, those perfect crop tops or jumpsuits do not need to be boxed up just yet. Try layering your crop tops with a plaid or white button up to add a school girl look. Turn your spaghetti strap jumpsuit into a one piece, paired with a graphic tee underneath. Create versatility in your closet, I promise you won't be disappointed!
2. Color, Color, and MORE Color!
We are most likely attached to our all black outfits that go well in any occasion, but going into 2019 requires BOLD and savvy looks. Try these colors with your most basic accessory: Orange, Grass Green, Metallic Pink, Red, and Purple.
3. What color are your hangers?
If you are having a hard time finding an outfit, there is a huge chance it is because you
can’t maneuver through your own closet. Start by getting rid of certain hangers and just keeping it CLEAN. Wire hangers and acrylic hangers can damage your clothes, but plastic hangers are safe affordable and resistant to any bacteria's. Basic colors such as black and/or white will keep your closet looking consistently clean.
4. Organize This may sound a bit weird, but you can tell a lot about someone based on the way their closet is set up. If separating your closet is too much of a hassle, start by making a list of the items you have and separating your items in sections. For starters, your list may look something like this: Jackets, sweaters, pants, skirts, dresses, shirts, and so on!
5. Style + Party = New and Inexpensive
In 2019, shopping is still going to be a stressful event, so why not shop with friends and fashion lovers. But here is the catch, you can do this in the comfort of your own home or are an event space. Gather your unwanted items and some cash to get ready and swap!